Location: Leicester City Centre
Main Purpose of Job
As a Conveyancer your primary role is to run a caseload under supervision. All of your work will be signed off by a supervisor. You will provide support to the Conveyancing Senior in conducting client work on their behalf and managing your own caseload.
Main Responsibilities (this list is non-exhaustive)
Main Tasks: List of areas of responsibilities
• Liaising with clients to ensure full understanding of the purchase and sale contract.
• Preparing documentation for the conveyancing of property.
• Liaising with fellow professionals from legal practices, banks and accountancy firms.
• Filing and indexing paperwork;
• Managing your own caseload with little supervision;
• Meeting and interviewing clients to establish the firm’s suitability to provide the necessary advice and services, based on the firm’s specialism;
• Advising a client on the law and legal issues relating to their case;
• Drafting documents, letters and contracts as required;
• Researching and analysing documents and case law to ensure the accuracy of advice and procedure;
• Checking all documentation prior to signing and implementing;
• Time recording and billing;
• Carrying out all necessary AML requirements;
• Ensuring you comply with the CML and Panel requirements;
• Ensuring all files meet compliance requirements;
• Keeping up to date with compliance procedures and policies;
• Keeping up to date with changes and developments in the law by reading journals and law reports;
• To check any problems with senior staff;
• Freehold Sales, Freehold Purchases, Leasehold Sales, Leasehold Purchases, Help to Buy and HTB ISA’s;
Wide reaching responsibilities
• To act in the best interest of the firm at all times;
• To adhere to the group policies at all times;
• To act in accordance with reasonable instructions given by senior managers at all times;
• To act in a manner that promotes and protects the firm’s reputation;
• To maintain high standards of client care at all times;
• To enforce the firm policies;
• To promote the core values of the firm;
• To cultivate the culture of the firm.
Knowledge, skills and experience required
3-4 years’ experience required
• To be able to work autonomously;
• To take responsibility for your files;
• To become an integral part of the team;
• A strong desire to learn;
• Enthusiastic and ambitious;
• The ability to complete assigned tasks effectively and promptly;
• Social and positive attitude and personality;
• Adaptable and accommodating;
• A professional approach;
• A smart and tidy appearance;
• Excellent attention to detail;
• IT competent, particularly with reference to the use of Word and Excel.
To apply, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information provided in all of our blogs reflects only a narrative of some elements to consider on the topic. The blogs do not contain considered legal advice and should not be relied upon as advice. Please see our website terms and conditions for full details of our disclaimer. If you are interested in obtaining advice, please contact one of our lawyers who will be happy and able to advise you on your own particular circumstances.